4.24.2009

Progress and setbacks

This morning has started off with a blast! Yesterday when I left work, I noticed that someone had scrawled a message on my car in the pollen dust. A clever, "fuk U" greeted me. I was in a hurry to pick up a birthday cake that was about 30 minutes away (traffic) get back in the car and drive close to where I was right then. I assumed it was either 1. a joke from a co-worker (I even had a person picked out as the culprit) or 2. someone walking through our parking lot was being an ass.
This morning, when I got out of the car, I glanced at it again, only to notice a HUGE scratch by it. So it was definitely not the co-worker. I also noticed a tiny bit of red paint at the beginning of the scratch. So they got someone else too.
Anyway.
Im exhausted today. We went out last night, hence the Birthday cake. It was fun. But coming right after a late night of sod laying, Im beat. And, I've already bought us tickets to go out tonight too. Usually we aren't 'going out a lot' people, but this group we hang out with had a few events and when I RSVPd I assumed we would have been in the house by now. Oh well. But the final inspection is scheduled for today and we can move some items into the garage over the weekend. Hopefully, we can stay in the house Monday! Im excited, but still tired!
I'm plugging along on the book. I think I finally solved my problem of real/not real characters and how people would feel about me if they saw themselves in characters. Instead, Im using people as inspiration for characters, and Im putting them in situations none of us have ever been in. Sounds like an obvious solution, but it's new to me! Either way, I'm enjoying it!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right...laying sod really takes it out of you. We tore down the deck behind our pool last year (wasn't used since we have a nice big patio and we wanted more green space). So then we had to put in a lot of dirt and compost and then the sod. I felt like an 80 year old woman after! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I hope you get in the house in the next couple of days too!

    ReplyDelete