5.28.2009

A great Thursday.

Today rocks.  Like major rocks!  Last night, we bought me a new car.  I'm so excited!  I've had my eye on the new Altima Coupe for a while now and I had to have it!  I have yet to take a picture of it because at first at the dealership we were 'playing it cool,' and I could not be seen taking a picture of a car I didn't yet own.  And by the time we finished and drove away, it was after 8 p.m. And then I tried to take a photo at home, but the light in the garage sucks and since I only seem to take photos on my Iphone, well, I got nothing!  So, Monday, be ready for a new car post.
Then, I have been looking to get a chaise for the bedroom, and I found one I want at Ashley Furniture, but wasn't 100% sold on it.  And I custom built one at Hank's [say it with me] Fiiiiiiiiiine Furniture (If you don't live around here, that's totally not funny, but if you do, you know what I'm talking about), but it would take 6-8 weeks to get, and since I'm totally impatient, I didn't buy that one either.  WELL, my husbands assistant decided this week that she was moving.  Away.  And renting out their house.  And she just happens to have the EXACT chaise from Ashley and is parting with it for a mere $100.  It's totally mine.  And I can't say that I'm just a tiny bit excited because it will make it to my house before our housewarming party on Saturday!!!
Part of the deal with buying my car is that -ready? Because this is funny. I can't complain about my MIL.  For ONE. WHOLE. MONTH.  Can I do it?  Well, it depends on what your definition of complain is.  And who exactly I can complain to.  I don't think you guys count.  And well, since Brad isn't with me at work.  And-- OK, I'm kidding!  So, positive!  I am thinking positive!  And despite the grim news last week about the cancer still lurking around, she is in good spirits and even wants to go back to work!  So, hopefully we can all live in harmony for a few days.  (or at least a month!)
I have several posts in the work right now.  We also refinished an entertainment center and last night, put together the pool table (anyone want to help us flip it over?)  So, I will be around with more soon.  Tomorrow, though?  Cake.  After all, it is Cake Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! New cars are fun! I love the lounge chair. I could totally curl up on that and take a nap. If you need to you know, complain, you can email us....we'll all keep it a secret!

    ReplyDelete