Um, about the creme? Yeah, they were out. And the icing? They were running low. And the pillars that I SPECIFICALLY called about, they didn't have any. Which has made me strongly question my choice of relying on the bakery any longer.
So the next morning, I had to rush to the only baking store nearby and grab pillars and plate dividers. Which double sucked because I had to work in the cake in the morning (rather than that night, as I had planned) and because I had to cough up some cash, where as the bakery owes me money, so I just trade for my supplies.
Despite the headache and supplies issue, I delivered this cake Saturday at 3:30. It was very simple, and they provided the flowers. I just had to assemble it for them. They liked it, and were really glad that I could do the flowers.
When I arrived, I asked if they had a topper, and the coordinator handed me a rubber-banded bunch of flowers. I asked if I could take it apart. She gladly agreed!
This was actually the first time I have done any cake that involved pillars. Mostly because the pillars are kind of outdated. (Or at least, that's my opinion) I like the way this one turned out, and since the pillars separated the two sections, putting it together was easy and I didn't have to worry about a traveling catastrophe!
The part that really sucked about the whole thing was the migraine. If I don't take them seriously on the first day, they will haunt me for days after. So, I wasn't fully myself until Monday - just in time for work!