9.22.2009

Just when you think

So, as previously mentioned, Brad's mom is cancer free.  It's nothing short of a miracle.  Considering that going into it, we were told her 5 year survival rate was 15%.  And that was three years ago.
You would think she would be excited.  I mean, even a little.  Nope.  Nada.
She finds new things to whine about daily.  And now, she's pretty much quit her job.  I can't wrap my mind around it.  The entire time she had cancer and was going through treatment, she went to work.  And now, that it's over? She quits.  I don't get it.
Well, she hasn't exactly quit.  She's going to file for disability. Again, why?  I don't understand.  Plain and simple.
Brad and his brother think it's a good idea.  I tend to disagree.  For me, I don't hear 'disability,' I hear 'live with me for the rest of her life.'
Logically, that's what that means, right? I mean if she could work but still needed to live with us logic would dictate that if work is no longer plausible that she would need us even more, right?
Brad disagrees.  He thinks she will be 'fine' by herself at her house.  But I think that she will spiral into a useless blob [sorry].  I mean, getting up and going to work keeps her moving.  If she doesn't do that, what will she do?
OK, crazy random ranting over.
On to more fun things.  Our vacation!  It's getting close and I'm really excited.  I met a very cool lady on twitter, Judy, and she helped us find this amazing resort!  NH Riviera Cancun in Puerto Morelos. (I know, why is it called riviera cancun if it's in PM? I don't know.)  But, Puerto Morelos is supposed to have amazing snorkling.  The reef that runs down the coast is the second largest coral reef in the world and has been turned into a national park.  It's protected and beautiful! I can not wait!

I mean, look at this pool!  It has a really cool infinity edge that goes right up to the beach! I am in heaven! (or at least I will be!)
It's an all inclusive resort, food, drinks, the works. There is also an adult only side, called the Paradise Club.  It has a private dining room, premium alcohol, jacuzzis on the balconies, and a butler! (Didn't I tell you I was spoiled?) plus, no kiddies!  Of course, this time of year, I don't think kids will be a problem, but you never know.
And, it's not even that expensive! For both of us for 6 days/5 nights, it's only $1,550 (plus airfare, which we have covered with miles).
OK, so I'm definitely in a better mood now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelli...I am so jealous! That resort looks amazing. I hope you have a wonderful time!

    Re: Your MIL. You are right. Seriously. I am not just agreeing with you to agree with you either. When people retire, if they don't have a plan of what to do, they tend to age fast. Everyone knows that. Unless she has a plan of what other than work she will do, I am with you...it is NOT a good thing. Hopefully it means she just wants a change. I can see why you are worried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you...when people don't have a reason to get up, they tend to wither away. Why do they think it's a good idea?

    Jealous over your trip! We go to the beach every year, but aren't this year due to my job sitch. I'll live vicariously through all of the photos you better post when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look amazing! Cheap too! I was hoping to go to Vegas for 3 nights for around that price! I'd much rather go there!
    MIL sounds insane. Sorry. I am thinking she needs to get her own place. STAT.

    ReplyDelete