9.26.2008

I never liked sharing

I am officially halfway done with my sentence.  OK, it's probably not that bad.  But, I can't seem to help it.  I find myself lingering at work a tiny bit longer than I usually do.  I drive slower to get home.  I say, 'sorry, I have work to do' and plug in my earbuds.  
She's just a person.  But, she's my MIL.  The wife - mother in law relationship has been flawed as far back as anyone can remember.  
Husband and I have always kept to ourselves.  We have friends, don't get me wrong, but it's always been us.  Just the two of us.  He has always had to help his mom - a little.  Hell, I even help him help her.  WE painted her house.  WE did her landscaping.  WE painted the garage.  WE mow her lawn every week.  But now, it's HE.  She really needs him.  And even when she doesn't really, really need him, she uses him anyway.  And it's hard for me.  I can't hate her for needing help, it's not her fault she has cancer.  But, I hate having to share him like this.  And he doesn't understand.  Not even a little bit.  
And I think that's the saddest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment