Top Ten Thursday
So, I have this really deep, odd post I've been writing in my head all morning (you do that, right?) Anyway, that's tomorrow. Today? Top 10! Sara over at Domestically Challenged (and a bunch of people who I guess are equally awesome-but don't know because I'm scared that if I find any more cool blogs I will be fired for the amount of time I spend reading them all!)
This week's Top 10 is your favorite blogs. Hmmm. That could be hard. Sara did her top new blogs and "didn't" feature people she has already featured. (hint: she totally did)
And as I started, I was like, I could do that. And then, she listed Failblog and Cakewrecks. Um, it just got interesting. That totally opens up a whole other section of blogs.
This may be harder. Let's see.
10. Failblog- Funny, sad, sometimes stupid always FAIL. Good stuff!
9. Not Always Right- OK, so I spent 7 years of my life in the trenches of retail. If you spent even one day folding T-shirts, flipping burgers or answering phones. This blog is for you. It's my daily dose of "The customer is still a moron" [even if now, I am that customer].
8. Cake for Breakfast- When life hands you lemons, some make lemonade. Cake for Breakfast makes scones with lemon curd. (or whatever) She has bumps in the road but deals with it with grace.
7. If you ask me- A new friend, sharing some local love. As much as I adore the people I meet from all over, there's just something about knowing the person your reading about has experienced the same traffic/weather/local flavor.
6. Un petite raison- Sweet, fun, and one of my twitter friends!
5. The Undomesticated Wife- Her blog bounces around topics [much like mine] and as a kindred writer, I enjoy her perspective.
4. Domestically Challenged- Sara. Peanut butter. Turtles. Asher. Teacher. Hilarious.
3. Mabel's House- Liz is super fun. She almost always keeps it light and happy. If she's down, it's for a reason. She writes in a way that I wish came easier for me. Plus, I know her IRL (I work with her husband) so that makes her stories all the more hilarious.
2. Dooce. She rocks. I don't have kids, I don't want kids. I'm petrified with fear of the thing that happens to bring the kid here (birth, not the other thing). And yet, when she writes about it, I'm totally engrossed. Like tears streaming out the corners of my cheeks laughing and banging on my desk.
1. CakeWrecks- I love cake. Is there any question? So this blog is right up my alley. I've been reading for, well, a while. Since a co-worker sent me the link when it was featured in Rock Candy [or something]. Jen is so funny! And super-nice. I offered her access into my photo cake collection and she informed me that none were wreck-worthy. (Of course, I've done a few, I just didn't photograph them! I know better than that!)
OK, so that's just a part of what entertains me through the day. What about you?
Ramblings brought to you by Kelli at 8:54 AM